Thursday, January 6, 2011

Flash in the Pan?

Sometimes I see new design trends briefly and suddenly, it is everywhere you turn.  Others, I see a few times, and they're gone.  

Like these . . . 



When I first saw these cowhide tile rugs a couple of years ago, I thought, "They'll be everywhere in a couple of months."  But that has not really been the case.   And, for what it's worth - I love them.  I think they are modern in a very neutral understated way.

OK . . . don't get me wrong [all you uber trendy design junkies], I have seen them out and about.  But what I am talking about is real main stream, like a Martha Stewart knock off or the robin's egg blue/chocolate brown phenomenon that just won't die.    

So, it begs the question - are these a flash in the pan or are they slow to hit the main stream?  Can you think of any other flash in the pan trends that you liked? 

No comments:

Post a Comment